Architectural Technologist/ RIBA Part 2/3 Architectural Assistant
Nick Joyce Architects (NJA) Ltd is an award winning practice based in Worcester specialising in heritage and building conservation, working with historic timber framed buildings. Our work is primarily with small to medium sized projects but covers a wider range of residential, commercial and church buildings within the Midlands and surrounding counties. We are looking for an Architectural Technologist or Assistant to join our small team of AABC and RIBA accredited Architects to assist with and run projects.
Experience in technical detailing and construction processes for residential and heritage structures will be essential skills, along with an up-to-date knowledge of Building Regulations. A good working knowledge of Sketchup, Vectorworks and NBS is also required.
If you would like to apply please send us your CV and work examples with a cover letter to: [email protected]
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable interest in conservation and heritage.
- Experience in technical detailing and construction processes for residential and heritage structures.
- An up to date knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction methods.
- Experience working with NBS.
- Competence using CAD packages to include Vectorworks and Sketchup.
- MS Office competence to include Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Good interpersonal skills, necessary for client relations and small office environment.
- Experience of completed working drawing packages.
- Ability to work to project deadlines and within fee budgets.
Job Title: Architectural Technologist / Part II/III Architect’s Assistant
Salary: Commensurate on Experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full Time
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays